The Chairman shall exercise control over the office of the Board as its principal executive and academic officer and shall do all acts to ensure that the officers and the staff properly perform the duties entrusted to them. In particular he shall:
- Write confidential reports on the work of officers and employees of the rank of Superintendent and above;
- Appointment of supervisory, evaluative and other academic staff or Committees, concerned with the conduct of examinations.
- The Secretary shall, subject to the control of the Chairman, be incharge of the academic and administrative sector of a Board’s office and cause the orders and decisions of a Board and the Chairman to be carried out.
- The Secretary shall take all possible steps to ensure that the funds of a Board are spent on the purpose for which they are provided.
- The Secretary shall cause to be prepared and submit to a Board for approval the annual statement of accounts and budget estimates.
- All meetings of a Board and the committees shall be convened by the Secretary under the direction of the Chairman. While preparing the agenda for a meeting of a Board or a committee, the Secretary shall carry out the directions of the Chairman given in this respect and no item shall be placed on such agenda or be considered in the meeting without the previous permission of the Chairman.
- The Secretary shall record the minutes and maintain the records of the proceedings of a Board and the committees.
- The Secretary shall conduct the official correspondence of the Board under the authority of the Chairman except the correspondence relating to the conduct of examinations.
- All fees and dues payable to the Board, and all sums received by the Secretary, shall be credited without delay to the account of the Board in a Government treasury or a bank approved by the Board.
- The Secretary shall issue to successful candidates on behalf of the Board in the prescribed form certificates of having passed the examinations held by the Board.
- The Secretary shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Chairman.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Regulations, the Board may assign to any other officer or officers such duties of the Secretary as it may deem necessary.
Controller of Examinations
The Controller of Examinations shall, subject to the control of the Chairman, be incharge of the examination sector of the Board, and shall–
- Make arrangements for the conduct of all examinations of the Board.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Board relating to the Examinations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Chairman from time to time.